| Interview Tips
These are the minimum things you should have completed in order to prepare for an initial interview:
- At least three copies of your resume
- The names of three professional references (preferably supervisors)
- Performance awards
- Questions to ask interviewers based on position
- Anticipated answers to questions that the interviewer will be asking you
- Reviewed the companies website
Interview Questions that you might be asked:
- Why do you want to work here?
- What is motivating you to seek a new opportunity?
- What are the reasons you have left previous positions?
If you have changed jobs frequently or there are periods of unemployment, be prepared to explain those to the interviewer
- What type of environment do you feel would be most conducive to your success?
- What is an example of a difficult situation you have encountered at work and how did you overcome it?
Describe the pressures in previous jobs using a recent example, e.g. how you coped with a changed deadline, completed a rush order or dealt with staff shortages.
It is important to have examples of both your strengths and your weaknesses and examples of how you overcome weaknesses
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Where do you see your career in five years?
- What is your availability to start a new position should you get an offer?
- Are you open to travel?
If you are unable or unwilling to travel, be honest in your answer to this question.
Questions to possibly ask your interviewer:
Remember the interview is a two-way conversation. It is equally important for you to ask the interviewer questions.
- Why is this position available?
- What is the history of this position?
Examples of questions for this include:
How long has the position been available?
How many people have held this position in the last five years?
Why did the last person leave?
- What are the responsibilities of this position?
- What challenges have you had with this position?
- What are you looking for in the person you hire?
- How will my performance be evaluated?
- How does your company stand apart from its competition?
- How soon do you expect to make a decision?
Copyright 2018 © Schuback Search Associates Inc.
All Rights Reserved